On Apr 4, 2007, at 2:19 PM, Nicholas Clark wrote:

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 02:15:48PM -0500, Luke Kanies wrote:

And I also hate mailing lists that don't default to replying to the
list. Sorry David. :/

There are many things hateful about Siesta, but I thought that one "feature"
of it was an ability for the subscriber to choose the behaviour here.

Having a default reply-to doesn't have much affect on my ability to choose the destination of the email, but it does mean that the default case (replying to the list) takes more effort than the non- default case (replying to an individual), which seems pretty silly.

Thus, you (and yes, I mean you) have to hit reply-all, because that's the only way to reply to the list without messing with destinations, which means that I get two emails because the list's defaults don't match the behavioural defaults of its users.

 --
 Patriotism is often an arbitrary veneration of real estate above
 principles. -- George Jean Nathan