On 2008-01-21 at 15:31 +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 06:56:11PM +0100, Ann Barcomb wrote:
> > It's so easy to hate OpenOffice, because they made it work and look
> > like Microsoft Office, only slower.
>
> They did such a bad job of working and looking like MS Office that I
> prefer to use MS Office.

Me too.  :^(

The _only_ thing that OpenOffice has going for it is that foreign
language dictionaries are free.  Once you finally figure out the juju to
install them and make them work.  And learn how you need to fight OO to
make it willing to actually use them.

In retrospect, it would have been worth the money to buy the
dictionaries for MS Office.  My wife might not have retreated from her
willingness to try other OSes.

OO is _not_ the application to put on a Windows box to showcase what
modern GNU/Linux has to offer.

-Phil