Nicholas Clark skribis 2008-01-22 10:28 (+0000):
> Pertinent hate indeed. It's not as bad, but Ubuntu's Sound Juicer is
> also hateful. It has no option to disable the "helpful" popup for
> "I've finished extracting the CD"

Ubuntu is exceptionally skilled at writing software that demand ones
focus. Another exhibit: the upgrade thingy. After downlodaing the
updated packages, its window will pop itself up to the front, and
automatically start installing the new packages.

It doesn't need your attention, and even if it would, that would still
not be a valid excuse for being so incredibly annoying.

The only kind of warning that should ever do this is, is in the
disaster-imminent-if-you-don't-act-now category: empty battery, house on
fire, nuclear waste in lost+found. But Ubuntu does it even when it has
NO WARNING whatsoever. It's just demanding attention, implicitly
shouting "Hey, I'm going to INSTALL them now. Look at me, INSTALLING!
Whoooooo! Oh, that's a nice password you have there."
--
Met vriendelijke groet,  Kind regards,  Korajn salutojn,

  Juerd Waalboer:  Perl hacker  <##...@juerd.nl>  <http://juerd.nl/sig>
  Convolution:     ICT solutions and consultancy <sa...@convolution.nl>