On 18 Mar 2009, at 11:02, Peter Corlett wrote:
That's something still hateful to this day on every (other) OS - I have a Filer/Finder/Explorer/whatever window open, and I can *see* where I want
to save the file to. A nice, clear to use, icon based system.

If you see a file icon in a window title bar, that's a proxy icon which can be dragged and dropped just like Finder items. These may also be dropped
onto file dialogs to prefill the location.

That only seems to be present if the file is already saved and dragging it to the Finder creates a link rather than saving the file in a new location.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten