On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 06:31:38AM -0600, Peter da Silva wrote:
> On 2011-01-02, at 14:51, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> > under NeXTStep the right mouse button brought up the app's menu.
>
> That would have been good if it was true, but it's not what they
> actually did. Under NextStep the apps menu was always displayed next
> to the title bar. It was a terrible design that seemed to be more to
> make it obviously "not like Apple" than for any practical reason.

I recall that the right mouse button brought up the same menu, but I
don't remember if the click was restricted to the root window or not.

in college I recall broken NeXT mice were "fixed" by swapping the left
and right buttons via soldering iron.  nobody noticed, with a few
exceptions.

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agr...@poofygoof.com