On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:13:05AM +0200, Abigail wrote:

> * Let's make where to count from a switch -- globally
>   * Perl (till it got removed from the language)

Nope.  From the manpage:

" As of release 5 of Perl, assignment to $[ is treated as a compiler
  directive, and cannot influence the behavior of any other file. "

So it was at least made a bit less stupid many years before being
finally killed off.

For extra excitement, perl has this nifty feature where you can index
from the end of an array using negative numbers:

  @array = ('ant', 'bat', 'camel', 'dolphin');
  print $array[-1]; # dolphin
  print $array[-2]; # camel

I leave it as an exercise for the reader to figure out what the hell
should happen if $[ is set to -2.

> > * Let's compare case-insensitively by default
> >   * Powershell, MySQL
> * But be not consistent about this default
>   * MySQL

viml:

" String comparisons normally honor the local setting of Vim's
  ignorecase option, but any string comparator can also be explicitly
  marked as case-sensitive (by appending a #) or case-insensitive (by
  appending a ?) "

--
David Cantrell | even more awesome than a panda-fur coat

         Nuke a disabled unborn gay baby whale for JESUS!