On Sun, 13 May 2012 10:48:13 -0700, Michael G Schwern
<schw...@pobox.com> wrote:

> * A typed language with no way to define new types
>   * SQL

* Follow the "standard" only optionally

  All SQL dialects allow spaces as the SQL standard sais

  SELECT bar, count (*) FROM frublt GROUP BY bar;
             ^     ^

  MySQL only allows the space on count (*) (and other functions)
  when sql_mode=IGNORE_SPACE in [mysqld] section in my.cnf

* undef/NULL handling

  * Oracle converts "" to NULL on varchar2 fields
  * MySQL considers the date 0000-00-00 both NULL and NOT NULL at
    the same time

> * Let's compare case-insensitively by default
>   * Powershell, MySQL

What about SQL in general considering Data Dictionary commands?
And Oracle UPping everything by default? HATE!

* Allowing spaces in table and field names
  And other special characters too

using perl5.00307 .. 5.14   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE