Eli, please see my earlier response below.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Aaron T. Myers <a...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Given that the only substantive concerns with HDFS-347 seem to be about
> Windows support for local reads, for now we only merge this branch to trunk.

Another
 substantive concern is that HDFS-347 is not as well tested as
HDFS-2246.  So, we should keep HDFS-2246 around for sometime and remove
it later.  Is this the usual practice?

HDFS-347 and HDFS-2246 are
 not mutually exclusive.  I don't understand why we must remove
HDFS-2246 immediately but not allow them to coexist.

Tsz-Wo