>From functional point of view it does makes sense to validate all the
platforms as part of the builds, but the Pre commits builds taking time is
now no longer a small things, In past one year or may be two, we have
already increased it more than twice as compared to what it was before, If
someone has a change in HDFS, which includes both hdfs-client &
hadoop-hdfs, it takes more than 5 hours, which long back was around 2 hours.
With the current state, I don't think we should just go and add these extra
overheads. Having them as part of the nightly builds does makes sense for
now.

In future if we feel there is a strong need for this and we start to see
very frequent failures in some other platforms and we are left with no
other option but to integrate it in our pre-commit jobs, we can explore
having these build phases running in parallel, along with trying other
phases also to run in parallel like compilation/javadoc builds of JDK-8 &
JDK-11 can run in parallel and may be explore other opportunities as well
to compensate for this time.

For now lets just integrate it our nightly builds only and circle back
again here in future if the need be.

-Ayush