The new Toolkit is deliberately vague because the RSC is trying to move content
which is biased in favor of a specific religion/cultural group out of the basic
Toolkit and into the Resources tab. We know that religious works is an area
which does require guidelines in the basic Toolkit, but at the same time, as
part of the internationalization effort, we will be convening a working group
to look what is common to all and what (like the old Christian lists of Books
of the Bible) needs to be moved to Resources. We hope to come up with
guidelines which serves catalogers working with a variety of religious works
without the overtly Christian bias of previous Anglo-American cataloging rules.

- Ahava
[cid:image001.jpg@01D6F360.6E918990]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.nli.org.il/__;!!KGKeukY!jA4lVQC-yHlWJggqS3ZsPa2mmDDb8Lg-8DaZSqiNljcMAWZh8exIYKZ5-1QrXYd32hIZ$

Dr. Ahava Cohen    |Head

Hebrew Catalogue Department

Mobile: +972-54-549-3644
Tel.:  +972-74-733-6231

The National Library of Israel, Jerusalem

ahava.co...@nli.org.il<mailto:ahava.co...@nli.org.il>  |
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.nli.org.il__;!!KGKeukY!jA4lVQC-yHlWJggqS3ZsPa2mmDDb8Lg-8DaZSqiNljcMAWZh8exIYKZ5-1QrXfp5XxCQ$

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://web.nli.org.il/sites/NLI/English/Pages/default.aspx__;!!KGKeukY!jA4lVQC-yHlWJggqS3ZsPa2mmDDb8Lg-8DaZSqiNljcMAWZh8exIYKZ5-1QrXaj4Q-i0$

[cid:image002.png@01D6F360.6E918990]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.facebook.com/NationalLibraryIsrael__;!!KGKeukY!jA4lVQC-yHlWJggqS3ZsPa2mmDDb8Lg-8DaZSqiNljcMAWZh8exIYKZ5-1QrXfZ_6blG$