Yes, not wanting to start up is easy. The process listing will show that
and you raise an alarm. My problem is I do not know from "
http://hekad.readthedocs.org/en/v0.10.0/monitoring/index.html"; what
condition is error or warning. Specially when dealing with influx or elk
outputs, when the remote destination is not accessible and such. Just
making sure head is running is not sufficient. I have seen that "wedged"
with no processing and the process was happily up. Again any insight or
pointer is appreciated.

Best,
Ramin

--