Adam;

> github gems
> can be installed on 2.0 using their http equivalent, which is just a
> matter of changing the "git://" to "http://";.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not sure what exactly happened when
I tried. I plugged the following into the "install by address" field:
http://github.com/technoweenie/attachment_fu.git
and
http://github.com/technoweenie/restful-authentication.git

In response, both times I got the
"We're sorry, but something went wrong." message.

However, it *does* appear that the plugins did get installed into the
vendor>plugins directory. But with a ".git" suffix which is a little
odd.
(The sub-directories are named "attachment_fu.git" and "restful-
authentication.git") I haven't had time to work with it to see if they
behave as expected.

Steve