Thanks morgoth,

Will try this later.
I guess more people are interested in using haml/sass/compass within
their rails app on heroku.

Perhaps a FAQ can be written on heroku.com how to implement it.
I googled and found this http://blog.heroku.com/archives/2009/8/18/heroku_sass/
but I guess this points people to the wrong directions,
as hassle didn't work. Perhaps http://github.com/merbjedi/hassle
should be merged?