On Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:38:20 AM UTC-7, Chap wrote:

> What do you mean by "the files are sync'd to S3"?

> Are you using a library to put them on S3? By default they should just
> remain in your slug and be served from there.

I have been using the asset_sync gem. I have tried allowing heroku to
compile the assets and sync on deploy. And I have compiled locally,
including the manifest.yml in the repo. Neither works.

> If so I might try removing that library and see if you still have the
> problem.

Already tried that. Removing asset_sync gem doesn't make a difference. When
asset_sync is removed, it attempts to compile the assets, but doesn't
complete, give no error messages (console or logs), overwrites manifest.yml
with an empty array.

Honestly, this shouldn't matter, because the builder should detect the
existing public/assets/mainfiest.yml files and not even attempt to compile
assets.

I looked over the builder, and I don't see anything that stands out.

BTW, I have several other heroku projects that I compile the assets locally
using asset_sync to sync with S3, include mainfest.yml in the repo, and it
works without fail.