On Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:44:46 AM UTC-7, Neil Middleton wrote:

> Is your staging app setup with a staging env?  ie. RAILS_ENV and RACK_ENV
> are both staging?
>

> If not, you're going to be seeing some odd things with asset_sync.

Yes, both RAILS_ENV and RACK_ENV are set to "staging".

Hmm, you have an interesting point here. But I'm pretty sure that RAILS_ENV
is set to "production" during asset compilation. I would expect RACK_ENV to
be irrelevant as rack shouldn't be loaded for asset compilation.

Looking at
heroku-buildpack-ruby<https://github.com/heroku/heroku-buildpack-ruby/blob/master/lib/language_pack/rails3.rb>
 they
are manually setting RAILS_ENV.