Hadn't thought about the foil sheeting, Joshua, because I'm not using it. Can't
get that stuff here.

I'm going with the 8' tall wall hex shaped model. Not sure what the naming
convention is. Would that be an H-18, since it uses 18 4x8 panels?

I'm using the coral-colored poly -- 2" thick and sandwiching it in poured
paper-claycrete panels and then spray claycrete stuccoing it inside and out.
Also, I'm experimenting with using flashing and roofing adhesive instead of
tape. Will be adding a second tension ring of flashing and second set of
flashings on all joints before the final spray on the exterior.

Mine is for a permanent install. Going to see how it handles the snow load
here. It will have at least an R-30 rating, walls and roof, and a hard clay
shell, in and out, when I'm done with the paper-clay-crete mods.  Also, I'll be
testing the Bucky Fuller cooling effect system. Saw a nice 17x17 hooded roof
vent for roof part of that at Home Depot for about $12 the other day. Will be
picking that up, too.

Am framing in one salvaged sliding glass, screened patio door on the south
facing panel and will have two black painted 55-gallon drums of water sitting
on the inside floor in front of the window as thermal mass for winter heating.

Should be a nice little winter room so long as it doesn't collapse under a
heavy snow load.

TAPING QUESTION:  Since mine will be a permanent install, and will be using
flashing and roofing cement adhesive, am thinking of using Liquid Nails's
foam-friendly adhesive to connect panels initially instead of tape. Then use
the flashing as "tape" for the tension ring and to seal the joints at each
corner of the walls and at each joint of the roof.

See any problems with that?

Haven't yet engineered the tie down, but it will definitely go over the roof
and secure the building on at least two sides, probably four. We get fierce
spring winds here.

Considering using just sandbags for the footer, though I do have an excavator
coming out in about 10 days and may change my mind by then and go ahead and
trench a below-the-frostline footer and use graduated size gravel in it and
then a foot height in sandbags at and above ground level.

If this tests out OK, I'm going to engineer a much larger model with a taller
roof pitch. It will be framed and will use no foam. Only poured
paper-clay-crete panels and sprayed paper-clay-crete stucco.

Would like to go to a two-story, two-floor framed version -- possibly octo
instead of hex -- with 10' long panels. Has anyone attempted a two-story,
two-floor model with the hex shape? If so, can you share your experience with
it?

Will be documenting as I go along with notes and photos and some crude video
and will share from time to time.

Actual build on the first pod starts, I think, right around Aug. 15, if not
before.

Haven't yet built my tow-behind papercrete mixer. The papercreting and
stuccoing may not start until around beginning of September. So the thing will
be coral colored foam exposed to the elements for a few weeks. Anyone see
problems with that?

This is the monsoon season here and so we have rains happening some days. Will
the foam get damaged if it gets wet? Will it soak up the water and lose its
R-value and structural integrity? Do I need to buy some monstrously huge tarp
and keep the whole works covered until I hardcoat spray it?

Advice, suggestions welcomed.

-- ken winston caine