Seems like a very good answer.  I do think your concept is great!
 Particularly i the South West where you don't not have the issues with
humidity, such as here in the south.

It seems that the Hexayurt , as a very tightly sealed structure, is becoming
more useful in very cold areas, low humidity due to low temperature, and
very arid desert regions.

Looking thru my book of architectural history, it prove out again the native
/ natural feel to a hexayurt.  it's scale and proportions just "feel right"
 FrankLLoyd Wright called i t "the natural Home"  one in which " The form of
the house follows it's human purpose.  The hearth as the center of the home
and focus for family."

I believe that as the idea develops different styles of construction will be
developed.  The papercrete / Adobe for the southwest.  Mud and waddle or
insulated rammed earth in northern climes, lighter natural fiber based
designs in humid hot areas, etc.

I wonder.  Has anyone tried to make a hexayurt out of reeds?  or  other cane
like plants?  You could make mats in the proper shape, and connect them
together using stronger canes as structural support in the edges of each
sheet of material.

Hmmmmm