Ummm I'm not sure about you all, but i learned the basics of sketch up in
an afternoon.  the tutorials are very simple and easy.  "Mastering" any
program is a life work, not just 100 hours.  I've played many games for
hours and hours and haven't "mastered" any of them.

It is not something you probably want to design working drawing for
building a house, I use ArchiCAD for that, which is another object oriented
drafting program.  But for quick easy "SKETCHES...." hence the name sketch
up, this works aewsome.

Look at the styles, you can create very nice looking rendering for clients
and animate them!

If you get the Sketch up pro, which is 400 dollars, and way less if you are
a student, then you have a lot more options on output, etc.