I was wondering if anybody might have an idea with the following problem we are experiencing: we want to stain for blood vessels in sections of mouse brain. Our experimental tissues have been fixed overnight in 4% paraformaldehyde and have been sitting in PBS since. We have tried staining with antibodies against desmin, SMA, and collagen but we get NO specific signal. We recently tried a non-fixed mouse brain and got desmin to work immediately. The problem is that we need to use the fixed brains because they are our experimental model and it would take too long (2 years to be exact) to generate the same samples. If anybody has come across such a problem before, or has a specific protocol for vessels that works on PFA fixed brain, we would appreciate the suggestions!
thanks in advance!
Irini

Irini Skaliora, PhD
Investigator Cá¾½ (Assistant Professor)
Developmental Biology Division
Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens (BRFAA)
Soranou Efessiou 4
Athens 11527
tel. +30-210-6597203 (office)
tel. +30-210-6597482 (lab)