The problem with any kind of "membership required to play" system is
that you are not going to get cheaters on those sites in the first
place.  My bet is that cheaters want to hop onto public servers, be
relatively anonymous, and kick some butt via cheating.   I would love to
see some stats on how many servers your average player plays on.  I
personally play DoD on about 2 - both with admin mod.  If cheaters had
that profile, then it would be easier to catch 'em.  But I bet you the
more you cheat, the more servers you play on over the course of time.
Thoughts?