Spiffy, thanks for the tip.  Maybe if I find the time I'll tool with my own menu.

----- Original Message -----
From: botman
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2002 12:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] Modeling Rendering in the Customize Menu

> Fudge.  That leads me to wonder how quake 3 handles it then.

The Quake 3 game menu allows models to be rendered as a feature of the menu
application.  The Half-Life game menu does not.

If you wanted a static 3D image, you could render the model in an OpenGL
application, save a .bmp of the model and display that (of course it won't
be animated).

The other alternative is to create your own game menu application that
displays things however you want.  Start Half-Life by execing the hl.exe
with "-game MOD +maxplayers N +map mapname" from within your game menu.

Jeffrey "botman" Broome