-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Jim Hunter,
M.D.
Sent: January 8, 2003 2:55 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [hlcoders] Collision problem after rescaling

After scaling down to 1/4 size, I'm having problems with the player
model not colliding with the world properly.  Actually, the player
model would collide with the world correctly, but would not collide
with monsters correctly (the player would stop a short distance away
from the monsters' (Barney's) bounding box - about the distance it
would keep if the collision hulls were their original sizes) until
I made the changes to the hull sizes in GetHullBounds and
HUD_GetHullBounds.  After changing those functions, the player model
(and origin) drop through the floor of the map.  It also goes through
the walls in the map but only in the -x or -y direction.  When the
player's origin x or y is approaches the wall while moving from a
lower to a higher x or y value, it's as if the original collision
hull was being used - the model doesn't reach the wall before
stopping.  Here are the steps I took for the rescale:

1.  Commented out the #define's for VEC_HULL, VEC_VIEW, etc in
pm_shared.c, ev_hldm.cpp, util.h, and eventscripts.h
2.  Commented out #define DEFAULT_VIEWHEIGHT in client.cpp
3.  Added "scale.h" to the project to centralize the hull definitions
(see below)
4.  Included "scale.h" in ev_hldm.cpp, pm_shared.c, ev_common.cpp,
util.h, and cdll_int.cpp
5.  Changed all the VEC_blah references in pm_shared.c to PM_VEC_blah
to avoid name conflicts; same for VEC_DUCK_VIEWS in ev_common.cpp
6.  Changed GetHullBounds and HUD_GetHullBounds to return the new hull
sizes
7.  Added calls to UTIL_SetSize in Cmd_Start as suggested in Omega's
tutorial
8.  Created a test map (an empty cube) and compiled using Zoner's tools
with a new hullfile

I have posted my new scale header file and the changed GetHullBounds
functions at http://webpages.charter.net/entropy/rescale.txt

Could this be a problem with the map compiling tools, or have I missed
a necessary change in the code?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim