For me it works only when i compile it with gcc and link it with g++... so
set gcc as the compiler, run the makefile then change the compiler to g++
(in the makefile) and run it again.

cya Spin

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:05:10 +0200, Cortex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

The solution of Botman didn't work (-lstdc++).

I tried the brut way... I have copied the libstdc++[bla].so.2 to my /lib
directory, and now, hlds finds it.

However, now, it doesn't find HL SDK symbols :( AAAARGGG

If I compile with g++, it doesn't find "PM_Move".
If I compile with egcc, it doesn't find BModelSize (or something like
that,
with a horrible mangled name). HLDS doesn't seem to find the mangled
name...
Have I to change the mangling name version of the compilator ?

(Rest of the answer below).

Florian Zschocke wrote:
I think my problem comes from the fact I use _snprintf and some
STL...

What is _snprintf? Usually that _something is M$ stuff (like _strnicmp(). God knows why they have to prefix them with an underscore). Using STL should be no problem, we use deques from the STL in Admin Mod and can link with libstd++ fine.

_snprintf is a function I used to remplace ALL the sprintf in the SDK... Indeed, I had a memory problem and thought it was a buffer overrun caused by a too long sprintf. It didn't come from sprintf, but I let the _snprintf.

But now, this problem is resolved if I place the libstdc++ in /lib.

When
I put the "-static" option instead of "-shared" and when I compile
with egcc, it doesn't find these symbols...

Uhm, you don't want to use -static. YOu want to produce a dynamic shared object, a .so, so you will need to link with -shared which tell the linker that you want a DSO created.

OK.

So, how could I link statically to libstdc++ so that the .so
"contains" the libstdc++[bla].so ?

You cannot. The libstdc++[bla].so is just that, a DSO. You cannot link statically against a DSO. If you want to link statically against a library you need to use the static version of the library, the archive. You need to link against libstdc++[bla].a <--

OK, I think I'll let the libstdc++ thing, and distribute libstdc++[Bla].so.2 with my mod... Crappy, but if it solves the pb, it's good ;)

Thx for your helps

Cortex.