EDIT: What about animations? I don't know how exactly the mod (Natural
Selection) handles the models, but I think only visible models are
animated. So if I two or three joints to the model to animate the grass or
leaves, would that kill the server or clients FPS? The player should at
least see the next 2 models in front of him + the one he is standing in.
What happens to the models behind him, but in the list of visible entities?
(Remember that in NS the visibility of an entity is determined by its
distance only). If they are animated too it would make ...er... x x x
x x x x x
x x p x x
x x x x x
 x x x
21 models visible at a time with a thousands of animated vertices (ends of
leaves) each :(
It's too much, right?