If you have all the other 'required' content I believe the sdk download from
steam is only 16mb ?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Vyacheslav
Djura
Sent: 05 December 2004 21:20
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [hlcoders] sourcesdk.gcf question

Hello! I have a slow connection and my friend download Source SDK and
packed sourcesdk.gcf and uploaded to my ftp. The quesiton is: if I'll
download packed .gcf and will extract it into SteamApps folder will
Steam automatically recognize it? Or I need to click Source SDK and it
will be automatically installed without any downloads? Please reply, I
can't downlaod 50mb for nothing.

P.S. Why VALVe doesn't compress any .gcf files? :-/ This would save a
lot of time and money for users with low-bandwidth (dial-up). Respect
people who have bought license versions of your game in undeveloped
countries which do not have broadband in every house.

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.