Not that I'm personally facing this problem, but wouldnt you be able
to do a simple distance check and have the hitscan move down depending
on how far it traveled and the gravity. The only problem I could see
with this is that hitscan is a line and it would actually modify the
trajectory of the bullet out of the barrel but there must be some way
around it. Just providing a few suggestions. If you can't fix the bug,
you might still have something relativly convincing...