Thanks to Nick's suggestion, I've managed to get my linux server
compiled & running. Turns out the error was down to the way I'd linked
the sqlite dll, that had been one of the things I'd thought of, but it
seems that I hadn't removed the sqlite header include from one file, and
that was messing things up.

Now I have a server that I can try to connect to, but when I try to
connect, very near the end of the process I get disconnected with the
error:
        Server uses different class tables

Normally I'd have expected this to say which network table / value was
missing or incorrect, but there's nothing. I'm pretty damn sure all the
same files are being used by linux as by Visual studio; I've been
through my makefiles many times over. I really can't see anything thats
in one & not the other, though I guess its possible I'm being dumb here.
I can't find any network tables that are within #ifdef _WIN32 or
anything like that - strikes me that would be a bit ridiculous if it
were the case anyway. Anyone run into this error with a linux server?

One thing that I do notice - when I try to connect to the linux server,
it lists its Build version as 3691, but when I run a listen server, it
says its Build 3704. Now I've repeatedly run the update commands for the
linux server, but its not loading any other updates. Could this version
issue be behind my network table issue, or is that just the way its
meant to be?

Thanks for any insight anyone has to offer

Andrew