You might try removing the default attack behavior that tries to simulate a
curved swing for the crowbar and replacing it with a really simple
tracehull/traceline to see if things improve at all and work forward from
there to a satisfactory compromise.  I seem to remember having at least a
little bit of success messing around with it.