Hello,

I'm working on moving an SDK2006 mod to Steampipe.  Basically, I took the
contents of the Source SDK Base folder and plopped the gamedir inside,
updated gameinfo.txt and steam_appid.txt, etc.

When I try to launch it from my Steam library after installing from our
Steamworks depot the mod runs, but isn't able to mount any VPKs from hl2 or
platform.  I know I can manually extract the files it needs from the hl2
VPK, but I'd prefer not to have to do that.

Tracing it using procmon shows it trying to open VPK's as folders, and
using |all_source_engine_paths| as part of the path component to resources
its looking for.

However, using the exact same gamedir - it runs fine if placed into the
sourcemods/ directory.

I've also tried running the command line I see the spawned sourcemod
running as, it's something like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base\hl2.exe"
-game sourcetest -steam -game "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\themod"  -gameid areallybignumber

And I see the exact same problem.

It seems like when running a mod out of the sourcemods/ directory, Steam
launches it in a way that allows the mod to see data from within VPKs - but
standalone VPK's aren't supported.

Is the Steam client loading a compatibility DLL for mounting the dependent
VPKs?  If so, how do I use it?

Isn't file system access all handled by Source SDK Base/hl2.exe and its
libraries?

Any ideas?

Thanks

foo