At 10:11 PM 09/29/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>heh..
>
>""I think VALVe should fix it at the source""
>
>oh, and what "source" would that be?
>
>They ban the right for people to learn programming languages and think up
>nasty and evil schemes of how to hack a game next?
>
>Lets face it, its going to get cracked sooner or later, im not supporting
>the cheaters far from it, im just making out its a EXTREMELY hard task to
>make a game UN-HACKABLE..

Obviously you're not a programmer ...  That's like saying you can't keep a
terrorist from a cockpit ...

Believe me, there are tons of way to prevent these simple hacks, but it
should start from within the program in my opinion ...

We're not talking about registration hacks, we're talking about a client
server model and plenty of places to do constant checking ...