I'll try to look into these.

-Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: HoundDawg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 8:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: A Few TFC Issues

Now that the new patch has been running on our servers for a little while,
here are some issues we are experiencing in TFC:

1) Sometimes after the map changes, half of the players (on a full 18 player
server) have a hard time joining the game.  Basically, they are stuck in the
gui menu for selecting a team.  Either they have to wait a long time or just
reconnect to the server.

2) Even though I can get the server to run without crashing for a while (few
days), every now and then it still crashes.  In fact, with it busy over the
weekend, it crashed quite frequently for some reason.

3) This patch has added a great deal of in game lag.  Modem users can see
the packet problems especially when they are using the in-game voice
feature.  So, many of them are opting out of using that at all now.
Otherwise, just general gameplay and at times, there will be a period where
all of the players and gameplay is lagging like we were all playing with a
latency of 800-1500 while the scoreboard still reports our latency as 40-60.
This type of lagged gameplay makes it nearly impossible to play at all.  I'd
hate to be in a match when this happens.

4) The spy can do frontal knife assaults that kill all light and mediam
classes with 2-3 swings.  It's much more difficult to get those backstabs as
well.  Even though Valve has reported no change in the coding of the spy,
there is a noticeable difference in gameplay with it.  It may be related to
other issues/fixes though.

5) Players are adapting their BHop/Glide scripts to the patch changes to
where the HWG is back BHopping with ease again and at the same speed (as it
appears anyway, like a hwg BHopping outdistancing a running scout).

6) At times, respawn players will get killed if another respawns in the same
position shortly after.  This somewhat was there prior to 4108 though.  I've
just experienced it a little more frequently now. =\

Anyway, there is a list of some observances.  Currently, the most annoying
one is #3.  #2 comes in second with #1 close behind.  #5 will become more of
an issue as more players adapt.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

HoundDawg
http://www.phpGamingSite.com
http://www.unitedadmins.com
http://www.unitedadmins.com/hlbp