From: Timothy J. Outman Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 1:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Set the IP the Server should use

Hi,

What kind of router do you have?  When you set up NAT, you also want to
set up port address translations (PAT) for 27015 and 27010 to goto the
correct internal private IP address from the Internet.  (BTW-This has
nothing to do with "loop back" which is 127.0.0.1 and used mostly for
interface testing).

Here's an example with PAT enabled:

Unsolicited Connection Request --> Port 27015  -->  Public IP
16.139.48.225  -->  Private IP 192.168.1.225

Here's what happens with PAT unconfigured:

Unsolicited Connection Request --> Port 27015  -->  Public IP
16.139.48.225  -->  PACKET DROPPED

BTW-You also need to create a mapping to allow ICMP to that private
address as well.

Regards,

Tim

(Dr. Atlantis)

216.139.48.40 - Atlantis III
216.139.48.45 - Julie Clemens Death Chamber
216.139.48.251 - Team Atlantis (tfc)