"Those are most likely the Mani's Mod sound files that he just came out
with, which I don't use.  There is a filter you can use.  It is "exit" from
the server.  Or maybe "kaching" the sound of you buying your own server
would be another filter option.  ;=)"   -Mikee

Well, I cant do anything with your answer... ;)

"Mani has already said that the next release will not have sounds by default
and they will be in MP3 format.

The good news is that you should find that practically all the servers have
the same sounds so once you do one you can go straight into all of them."
                                                -Graham Robinson

The thing that bothers me the most is "the next release", so Mani admits he
made a mistake, I can forgive him for that.

The bad news is that I joined 5 servers with different sounds, or different
path's to those sounds... (not just quake sounds either, worse is even those
called like what_the_f****_happened.wav

"If in fact they're using mani mod, players can type "quake" in-game to
disable the sounds for themselves and it is saved until the server
restarts."              -List Keeper

Well, that would have been great if I new about it, but second, it doesn't
prevent me from downloading them :( I quess my question is: Can I set a cvar
that would prevent mod sounds being downloaded. I just don't want that junk
on my pc, more important, it will be much faster joining a server.

Thanks for replying though!

Micha Vermeer

Ps, we can close this thread now ;)