You cant exec configs outside of the game folder, couldnt do it in hl1
engine either, and you cant do it in quake engine ... i see a pattern here
;)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of dexion
Sent: 17 July 2005 18:18
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds] maxplayers in server.cfg for hlds

ive tried to get it to execute something outside the gamefolder but with no
success. I wanted to lock down a few other svars that people like to change.
I believe it has a place it is coded to look and can not deviate from.
Unless I am  just plain not pathing it correctly. Anyone have any luck
execing a config outside the game folder? I have sort of come up with a
workaround in my head. Always adding a line at the end of their server.cfg
via a dos window every time the server restarts that execs a cfg that is in
the gamefolder that they do not have access to (remove permissions to it.)
That would work, but I would prefer not to have to have so many steps, who
knows what I have not thought of.
dex