James,

I got ya.  Well, all I can say maybe is:  glitch?  And like you said .. If
it's infrequent .. And doesn't affect gameplay .. That's about all I could
chalk it up to .. Unless some firewall software or router is causing
incorrect readings .. And I kind of doubt that as well.

Any rate, if nothing else, hopefully the 'tickrate' info will help you.  And
with this new update just released, maybe if you used the tickrate 66 (I
tried 100 and got worse results) in combo with the 'srcdsfpsboost.exe'
proggie, your server would flllly.  :)

P.S.  Do you know what a pain it is to edit these 'digest' messages and put
the quotes in myself?  But I guess that's better than getting 30 emails a
day from it.  And yes, I could setup a 'rule' in Outlook to put them all in
a folder .. But boy would they add up fast.  I guess I'll live with the
'digest' mode.  I'd REALLY like if they'd just put this list on a message
forum at some point?

Kevin

James Tucker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>[thank you, but -snip-]
>
>rate 200000; echo rate set to 2mbps
>cl_updaterate 60; echo requesting 60 packets per second from the server.
>cl_cmdrate 60; echo sending 60 packets per second to the server.
>
>I have seen people running around with cl_cmdrate 0/1/generally under 10
and this does result in a falsely returned ping on the
>scoreboard (or used to, haven't checked today). This however is not what I
describe. I have seen a ping of 6-8 consistently on
>the scoreboard with the above settings and whilst it is not frequent, it is
impossible, and therefore must be somehow incorrect. >The oddity is also
independant of my rate settings, or nearly so, on default rates at times
when I am experiencing this, my ping >will simply sit from 5-6 and not
deviate for minutes at a time.