From: "Mike Beane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: [hlds] Server monitoring on the cheap

I've just started using Nagios this week at work and it is pretty slick.

Stuart Stegall wrote:
HostMonitor is nice enough.  We never really found it to be 100%
effective
as sometimes it was give an alert on a server that wasn't down.
Eventually
I came across Netsaint and then Nagios(what netsaint became) ... Nagios
is
pretty much perfect.  And it's free to boot.  Try www.nagios.org.