From: "kti^" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: [hlds] Steam validation rejected

As far as my servers are concerned the "got steam2 authentication response
for unknown user" only shows up in the console, the message is not logged.

And as far as the time when the problem occurs it differs from time to
time,
sometimes a restart doesn't help and users can't connect.
And other times the server(s) are functioning for a while, maybe 12 hours,
and then the error occurs.

And there are no errors in the systemlogs of the servers.

/jakob