Unfortunately, having a subdomain won't matter when
the server in your favorites is saved as an IP.  A lot
of players don't look in the server name or MOTD when
it's a server they play on regularly, so they won't
see any notice to update their favorites.

I think by load balancing it's more meant to keep the
two or more servers full.. (correct me if I'm wrong).

If your community gets a new server, having people
redirected from the old one could help get it some
popularity (would you rather join an empty or
populated server?).