-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dan Sorenson
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 12:03 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds] [OT]Savvis Metwork

At 11:25 PM 1/23/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Or you could stop using a Playskool network and have a return path along
the
>lines of this:

        Helluva an idea if you're tied to Sprint and don't mind forcing
every level3 or Qwest client to suffer the lag in Chicago.  Granted,
there's not much you can do about it -- BGP dictates the path after
all, but it seems to me that the speed of your network to your ISP isn't
at issue in an environment where we want to attract customers who have
different ISP's.  What is at issue is peering, and I think I'd rather
route on a DS3 through Dallas than suffer the lag of Chicago on an OC48.

        -- Dan

* Dan Sorenson      DoD #1066      A.H.M.C. #35     [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vikings?  There ain't no vikings here.  Just us honest farmers.   *
* The town was burning, the villagers were dead.  They didn't need  *
* those sheep anyway.  That's our story and we're sticking to it.   *