That is to get STEAM to work... Not to run a hlds/srcds server.

As far as dedicated servers go... This is all that is needed...

http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp
.php?p_faqid=204&p_created=1094004090&p_sid=NMPlUKti&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTE
mcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9OCZwX3Byb2RzPSZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY
9JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2h
fdGV4dD1mb3J3YXJk&p_li=&p_topview=1