-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ccfan4326
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 10:39 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Problem with server listing

Yeah, forwarding should not be required to get your server on the master
server list. Forwarding is only needed for ports on which a program needs to
directly accept incoming connections (i.e. servers), because of the way
routers work. As far as the server listings go, the dedicated server is a
client (outgoing connection) in the respect that it connects to the master
server, and thus should not require any screwing around with forwarding. The
only port that should need to be forwarded is the game port, 27015, which
uses UDP (and TCP for rcon).

Firewalls are another story though, since they are able to block outgoing
connections. He could behind a third-party firewall, the Windows firewall, a
firewall on the router, etc. Though it would be odd for a firewall to block
that while at the same time allowing players to connect.