I'm with Ook forwarding is not necessary.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ook
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 10:12 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Problem with server listing

I don't think all of the information that Valve provides is correct.
Maybe it's just outdated? You would think, after all, that Valve of all
people would get it right? For example:

> You have to have both UDP and TCP forwarded for the server to be
> listed and accessible.
I've never forwarded the TCP port, and my server is always on the list.

Someone here once posted a link to a definitive listing of ports. It
explained what they were for, and whether they were local or remote (on
your server, or at Valve's end). Anyone know where that is? I don't
believe that list below is correct - I only forward 27015-27016 UDP, and
my server works fine. I don't even forward the friends port (I probalby
should, just haven't got around to doing it).