Like going to the barber shop and looking into the mirrors on opposite walls.
I'm sure my hair is already cut in that thousandth barber shop I see way in the
back.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Sando [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 3:49 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds] Voice causes high ping

Agreed, and as Nick pointed out, the ad is a marketing pitch by the company to
lure you in.

To try put it in perspective - take the new SNES emulator developed for Xbox
360. The first version ran crap because the coder has to EMULATE what the
original OS and hardware is doing. In any type of hosted OS/Application model
(MS VS and VMWare are hosted models) where the emulation layer sits on top of
the OS, you would have to have rocks in your head to think an OS running within
another OS yields better performance. Even with Hypervisor technology, you
still incur a performance hit.

Maybe its the secret though... maybe if I install linux, then Emulate an XP
install, all my games will run better than a straight XP install. Maybe if I
create a virtual linux machine under XP an then put a further emulated XP
install under that, I will get even more super performance :-|

Regards,
Adam.