I think TF2 has a lot of potential in the clan scene, and I have already signed
my team up in the Euro CB ladder :-).

I have no problem with your argument concerning class restrictions, but there
are a few things just as important – especially the possibility to inflict
damage on yourself BEFORE the round starts. Why? Already we see übercharged
Heavy’s at roundstart public, where a player uses the time before start to step
on his own grenades as demoman to faster achive ûbercharge for his medic
partner. As the round starts, he then may switch to heavy and plough though the
freshly established defenses, with small efforts and little worry about own
safety.

Picture 3 übercharged Heavy’s at round start in an 8 vs. 8 match. Not a pretty
sight imho.

This isn’t a big problem in public servers, but I honestly think it should be
possible to deactivate this with a cvar in warscripts.

Just my 2 cents :o)