----- Original Message -----
From: "Spencer 'voogru' MacDonald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Yesterday I decided to do an experiment.
>
> I have made 2 experimental servers. These servers are brand new and have
> never been played on. They will not be in anyone's favorites or HLSW viewer.
> They are not real servers and will not accept incoming connections.
>
> One of the servers is on the Internet Tab. The other one is on the Custom
> Tab.
>
> Since the out of game server browser does not have a Custom Tab, all servers
> are displayed on that. Since I really only want to count the queries made by
> the in-game browser so I am filtering out queries if someone queries both
> servers at the same exact time, some can leak through but I don't think that
> will affect the stats too much.
>
> http://www.voogru.com/server/queries.php
>
> This page is in real time and can be refreshed to receive instant updates.
>
> At of the time of this writing, the custom tab servers receive about a 90%
> reduction in queries, even after players have had the little message
> explaining the custom tab.
>
> I wish I would have started this experiment sooner.

This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the
person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the
recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise
disseminating it or any information contained in it.

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]