Perhaps there is another possible reason.

1) Perhaps people are not interested in custom servers as much as you
may think.
2) Perhaps people don't move to the custom tag because most all of the
custom servers are in the internet tab currently.
3) Your test environment is flawed. When the game starts up and you
click on "find servers", it defaults to the internet tab. This means if
someone wants to go to the custom tab, they HAVE to go to the internet
tab as well. Please delete the total of the custom queries from the
internet total. Then, what about refreshes? Are you only allowing 1 hit
from a specific IP within a certain timeframe? What is that timeframe?
If not, why do you allow refreshes to count on either tab?

Not trying to say it isn't revealing what your page shows... Just saying
that it may not be revealing what you expect.