Spencer 'voogru' MacDonald wrote:
> 1. Yes, so let's get rid of the custom tab and just delist custom servers.
>
> That is, after all, what you are saying. Nobody wants to play custom
> servers. I guess that's why I receive enough donations from players to cover
> 65-70% of my server costs each month.
>
> Because no one wants to play on my 'custom' server.

I would thank you to keep this civil and not put words in my mouth. I
merely pointed out a possible flaw in your logic on this.

> The fact of the matter is, people are interested in custom servers.

Yes. That fact isn't in dispute. What I was saying is perhaps the number
of people interested is less then you suspect.

> 2. Perhaps custom servers are on the internet tab as a result of the servers
> dying due to being 90% less visible.

As I recall, it was only a day or so that it was tried. Barely enough
time for a resonable test to see if the tab worked. It still doesn't
change the fact that most custom servers can be found on the internet
tab. I love custom servers, yet I don't click the custom tab. Your
survey doesn't include people like me.

> 3. It counts all queries, except if a player queries both servers at the
> same exact time (out of game browser.)

So what's to stop you (or someone else) from constantly hitting refresh
on either side to artificially increase the "score"? If you doubt that
someone would do this, look at the game "Progress Quest"

> I'm in this game for the long haul, the two tabs system in my opinion is
> setting things up for a long term failure.

I'm not doubting your dedication for this game. What I am doubting is
your method of proving your opinion.