The following link should explain it all.  It seems that there is actually a
limit(and since Vista SP1, a limit can actually be set, if desired), but not
to the degree that previous versions of Windows have.  For our purposes
here, in running the servers and the actual game, those of us using Vista
needn't worry about PPM limits.  The PPM "limit" is equal to that of the
available kernel-mode virtual address space.

As for Saint K., I'd still give the earlier link I posted a shot...the one
at halflife2.net.  It's worked for countless numbers of people, and you
describe a situation where you could easily run into problems directly
related to it.

Oh, that link...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778.aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_vista

                                                    -Richard Eid