I wouldn't trust Task Manager's numbers.  Use Process Explorer instead.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

When you get it installed, press Ctrl-I to bring up System Information.
It'll show you the real values of what's in use.  2MB seems extremely low
for PPM usage.  If you have time, post a screenshot of your System
Information window.

Also, in that HL2.net post, what value did you choose to use?

                                                    -Richard Eid