Running on linux ( 2.6.26.6-49.fc8 ) I can start a server that people
can successfully join using this command line ./scrds_run -game
left4dead +ip xx.xx.xx.xx +map l4d_dem_hospital01_apartment

-fork 2 causes the server to lockup with 99% cpu in top, setting -port
anything causes the server to lockup and not run. Not setting the map
gives an error that the map is missing, looks for
l4d_dem0_hospital01_apartment. Only problem is that as soon as a game is
finished, the four people inside leave, no one else joins until I
restart the server or issue a changelevel command.